20091223

Introduction of sorts....

I have no idea how this will pan out.

I seem to have the tendency perhaps like most, to have big ideas - no, dreams - to do something with my life that I enjoy that will have an impact on other people's lives but never seem to follow them through for one reason or another - usually the "I'm far too busy with real life to follow my dreams" or better still, "I'm far too lazy to do anything about them".

So here I am.

But what is it I plan to do? Well, as morbid as it sounds I hope to tell you a story of one guy's "journey" from his mother passing away in bustling London, England and the events leading up to her burial in a remote little village in the fringes of Bangladesh - the place where his mother asks to be buried; the place of her birth which she longed to visit but failed to do in her last years as her health became ever more fragile.

Seriously - that in a nutshell is what I hope to tell you about. A semi-autobiographical tale in the style of one's inner monologues loosely based on my experiences of saying farewell to my own mother who passed away tragically on the 8th of May 2009; this tale is dedicated entirely (for better or for worse) to her!

Will I really enjoy the experience? I don't know. Will it really make any impact on other people's lives? I don't know that either. But I do know that parts if not the whole will often shock, bewilder or bemuse fellow bloggers and that has to count for something I guess!

I really hope you get something out of it and I hope I do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment